The annual pathology academic meeting, organized by IAP-Thailand Association. The meeting is for promoting knowledge for local as well as international pathologists. We are very welcome for all audiences over the world.
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
On behalf of the organizing committee, I would like to invite you to the 59th IAP-Thailand Annual Meeting that will take place in Bangkok, Thailand, from November 6th to 8th, 2019.
The venue of the conference will be at the Swissôtel Bangkok Ratchada, located in the heart of Bangkok, where you will find extensive choices for accommodation and restaurants, and easy access to the city’s subway system for convenient transport options to and from the meeting place.
In this congress, there will be informative sessions providing updates and practical points on several subspecialties of anatomic pathology, presented by renowned international experts and local specialists.
In addition to the academic activities, this year we are celebrating the 100th anniversary of pathology in Thailand, which was started in 1919 by Professor Aller G. Ellis as the first chairman of the Pathology Department at Siriraj Hospital. The historical aspects of pathology in Thailand will be a special presentation at this meeting by Professor Sanya Sukpanichnant from Siriraj Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand.
I am confident that the event will be a most impressive experience and a great opportunity for you to update your knowledge on diagnostic pathology in several subspecialties, along with taking the opportunity to visit and enjoy the lively city of Bangkok.
We look forward to seeing you at this congress.
The below is the draft for the scientific program. There might be future changes.
The registration fee depends on the date of payment, not the date of online registration. Thai and international trainees are requested to show approval letter of trainee status from institution. Credit card payment is welcome for all registrants.
Oral and Poster presentation
1. Abstract submission period for the IAP-Thailand Annual Meeting 2019 is available from July 1 to August 31 , 2019.
2. The abstracts should be submitted to They must be arranged in constructed fashion including title, background, method, results, and conclusion, and must not exceed 250 words. Authors’ name and their affiliations must also be given. The language must be in English. Symbols are allowed to be used. Once the abstract has been submitted via email, no changes or corrections will be accepted.
3. The author should specify whether the presentation will be performed in oral or poster platform, or could be any. If author is able to present in both oral and poster platforms, the committee will decide which platform will be presented.
4. An email notification for the acceptance or rejection will be sent before September 15, 2019.
5. Presenter must register to the meeting.
6. On the date of submission, the abstract must not have been published elsewhere.
1. Time for presentation must not exceed 10 minutes for each presenter, including Q&A.
2. Presentation period is scheduled on afternoon of November 6-8, 2019.
3. Language: Presentations must be conducted in English only.
1. Heading: The poster title, authors’ name and affiliations should be placed at the top of the poster.
2. Poster size: 90 cm width x 120 cm height.
3. Presentation period: Posters will be posted for viewing from November 6, 2019 and must be taken down by 15.00 hr. on November 8 , 2019.
4. Formal poster viewing will take place on November 7, 2019 during coffee breaks. Poster presenters are requested to stand by their posters during the formal poster session. All delegates are encouraged to attend.
5. Language: English only
: There will be a session which participants will present their interesting cases to the audiences. The term and conditions are as following.
1. The participants must be pathologists or pathology residents, regardless of nationalities.
2. The participants can submit unlimited numbers of cases but only the most interesting one will be considered for stage presentation by the committee.
3. The participants must perform stage presentation of his/her submitted cases by himself/herself.
4. All submitted cases must contain all necessary pathological information along with relevant conclusion.
5. Submitted cases must not be the same cases as that of oral and/or poster presentations.
6. Abstracts can be written in unconstructed format and must not exceed 200 words. Please note that it will not be published in the proceeding.
8. The stage presentation must be presented in Microsoft PowerPoint format entirely in English. Time limit for each case is within 10 minutes, 8 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes for floor discussion.
9. All participants whose cases are selected for stage presentation will receive certificate and souvenir from the IAP Thailand.
10. The decision of the committee is final.